HARRY'S TOP 10 MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WHEN PICKING A REALTOR MUST READ FOR ALL
PICK ME! I AM THE BEST REALTOR IN THE CITY!
I have been in the real estate business for seven years. I am always learning in this business. Nobody can know it all because things are always changing in the business. Well, people are purchasing real estate. How do they pick their Realtor to represent them? Research has indicated that people use the Internet 70% or more when finding their Realtor. That is quite the number. This gives us more reason to blog on ActiveRain.
HARRY'S TOP 10 MISTAKES WHEN PICKING A REALTOR TO REPRESENT YOU IN A REAL ESTATE TRANSACTION. SEE BELOW:
- I have a friend/relative in the business. I have experienced that this is not the best scenario because the Realtor tends not to work so hard and relies too much on the relationship. I refer my friends to another Realtor who I trust to keep the relationship in goo standing.
- I will have three Realtors show me properties. It is better to work with one trusted Realtor at a time. Otherwise, the buyer will not find the best deal working with different Realtors at one time. Trust will not be built between the buyer and Realtor.
- I will save the commission by not having a Realtor represent me at new home build. Wrong! They love to see people walk in unrepresented. They do not knock off the difference on sales price. Furthermore, they represent the new home builder and not the buyer's best interest. One needs buyer representation when purchasing a new build.
- I will choose the Realtor on the sign.This is not always the best idea because that person represents the seller with fiduciary rights. It is best to have your own Realtor representing you to negotiate the best deal and close on it.
- I want to see twenty houses or more. A great Realtor will be able to ask many questions to identify one's needs in a house to create a list of homes based upon the needs of the customer. Most agents do a shotgun approach to show as many homes as possible.
- My Realtor does not get me prequaled. Wow! That is a huge mistake. One must be prequaled to identify the dollar amount to be spent on a mortgage. No Mortgage equals No House. Please pick a professional Realtor to have a smooth transaction.
- I want part of the Realtor's commission. I always ask the buyer if they work for free. They say no. Then, please do not ask me to work for free. Hiring a Realtor to obtain a house for the best price and close on the deal takes skill and knowledge.
- I am going to pick the first Realtor that comes to me. I would do a little research on the Realtor such as a Google search to see if they are in good standing. Interviewing a couple of Realtors is not a bad idea. I encourage the competition.
- I am going to work a deal out with the seller without the Realtor. Is it really worth saving the 3%? Be honest and do the deal. Birds of a feather do flock together.
- It took two days for my Realtor to call me back. This is a bad sign. I would advise to fire that Realtor and pick another right away. You do not need this type of service during a transaction.
This has been my experience over the last ten years when I see people pick their Realtor. Please avoid these mistakes when picking a Realtor. Make is a great day.
Make the Call, Set the Plan, Do the Deal$!
Feel free to listen to my Radio Show to learn more about the phoenix real estate market, new trends, and the latest opportunities. The Real Estate and Beyond Radio Show Airs every Saturday from Noon-2:00pm on Conservative Newstalk KKNT 960am in Phoenix, Arizona. You can listent to past shows, or stream on-line.