TOP 5 STEPS TO TAKE WHEN MARKETING A VACANT HOME FOR SALE OR LEASE TO AVOID VANDALISM
We see many homes are vacant across the county. Also, many of them have been vandalized because they were vacant. I have seen many homes where the copper was pulled out along with the hot water heater and AC. The bank will not be able to sell a home without those things. Otherwise, the bank has to take a hit on the house to move the property. So, what is one to do? Please read over the simple suggestions to avoid vandalism on a vacant home:
- Stage the home-put furniture in the house. One can hire a professional staging company or just purchase furniture from garage sales or other sources.
- Lived-in look-Ask the neighbor to park their car in the driveway. People will think someone lives in the house.
- Landscaping-Keep the landscaping up so the house has curb appeal and not neglect.
- Paint-Paint the walls on the inside one neutral color to give it a new look.
- Utilities-Keep the utilities on so one has electric and water to the house.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY?
Make the Call, Set the Plan, Do the Deal$!
Feel free to listen to my Radio Show to learn more about the phoenix real estate market, new trends, and the latest opportunities. The Real Estate and Beyond Radio Show Airs every Saturday from Noon-2:00pm on Conservative Newstalk KKNT 960am in Phoenix, Arizona. You can listent to past shows, or stream on-line.