Small businesses around the country will be informing their staff that there will be no raises for the second straight year. Now, I feel for the staffers being in Corporate America for fourteen years. It is tough to deliver bad news such as this one. Why? Small businesses cannot afford to lose their key employees. Small businesses still create the majority of jobs in America. Consumer confidence is down and people are saving their money. They are thankful for having a job.
What can small business owners do to overcome the bad news? How do they keep morale up? Here are my TOP 10 SUGGESTIONS FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS TO KEEP EMPLOYEES SPIRITS UP
- Shut down half day one Friday per month
- Verbal and written recognition for job well down
- Increase Thank Yous in the office
- Have a BBQ
- Take a company day trip to the beach
- Gift certificates to movies or dinner
- Buy breakfast for everyone once per month
- Bring in Financial Planner to better educate on money
- Discuss state of economy
- Provide coffee
Make the Call, Set the Plan, Do the Deal$!
Feel free to listen to my Radio Show to learn more about the phoenix real estate market, new trends, and the latest opportunities. The Real Estate and Beyond Radio Show Airs every Saturday from Noon-2:00pm on Conservative Newstalk KKNT 960am in Phoenix, Arizona. You can listent to past shows, or stream on-line.