GREAT IDEAS ON HOW TO FIND TENANTS FOR COLLEGE HOUSING
If you are a landlord with rooms to fill, then there are plenty of creative ways to fill the rooms. Currently, there are about 40,000 or more students attending Arizona State University. Obviously, they do not have enough campus rooms to accommodate the students; Off campus housing is a must at ASU. So, I have learned some creative ways as a Realtor to attract honest and dependable renters to fill vacancies. It is a numbers game. One has to get the message out to the public that rooms are available for rent.
- Create Excitement-I strongly believe in branding. Everyone likes to associate things with a same. So, I would suggest you name the house such as The Arizona House or Cactus House so people will be able to associate it with a name.
- Host a BBQ-College kids like the word "FREE." I would suggest hosting a BBQ to attract college students who are searching for a place to rent for the year. Everybody needs to eat. Food is a great way to associate with people.
- Real Estate and Beyond Network-Put the word out that you are looking to rent out rooms with your own personal Network and the Real Estate and Beyond Network. Safety is in numbers. I believe that word of the mouth is the most efficient way to advertise. Birds of a feather do flock together. I strongly believe in this statement. Likeminded people do attract their own kind.
- www.DeliaTeam.com-This is a popular site amongst college students to search for activities and rooms to rent. Check it out! Another popular site is www.CraigsList.com. College students are highly attracted to this site when looking for rooms to rent.
- Advertisement-Another way to get the word out is by foot. Creating flyers and passing them out to students walking down Mill. Posting flyers up at local restaurants and grocery stores is another great way of creative advertising
- Leasing Office-List the room at a local leasing office who specializes renting rooms out.
- College Housing Office-Inform the personnel that you have rooms available to rent to promising students.
I assist many parents who wish to purchase real estate near ASU for investment purposes to house their child during college or strictly for their own personal investment. Obviously, there are not enough rooms for the amount of students attending ASU. That means the amount of renters is plentiful. Please visit www.ASURealEstate.com to obtain more information on real estate pays for college.
Make the Call, Set the Plan, Do the Deal$!
Feel free to listen to my Radio Show to learn more about the phoenix real estate market, new trends, and the latest opportunities. The Real Estate and Beyond Radio Show Airs every Saturday from Noon-2:00pm on Conservative Newstalk KKNT 960am in Phoenix, Arizona. You can listent to past shows, or stream on-line.