ELIMINATING INEFFICIENCIES IN REAL ESTATE--REAL ESTATE MARKETING AND BEYOND
I have been a licensed Realtor for the past ten years. I was baptized into real estate after I was displaced by "Corporate America" in 2002 shortly after the "9/11" incident. The following events went down in my life in 90 days in February of 2002:
- Purchased first home
- First child was born
- Lost my job
I consider myself to be very resourceful. So, I was in the process of exploring my career options while I was collecting my $300 per week unemployment check. Real estate investing was always a dream of mine. Finally, I obtained my Arizona real estate license in 2002. Time flies when having fun.
I obtained a mentor for the first 18 months of my real estate career. I had to learn the ropes of the business by getting dirty. Remember, I had a young family to support and a new mortgage to pay monthly. I quickly learned to generate and close business. I have never looked back since that time.
The biggest inefficiency that I continually see in real estate is MARKETING.
I witnessed Realtors spending $2,000 and more per month on print ads only. Personally, I thought print ads were dinosaur marketing. There had to be a better way of marketing. I decided to lean on my technical skills to develop a more efficient marketing plan for my real estate business.
We all know the REAL ESTATE IS A TEAM SPORT. Well, I better get my team in place. I developed my personal marketing plan. However, I soon realized that I need assistance in implementation while I continually generate and close business.
HARRY'S TOP TEN STEPS TO IMPLEMENT A MORE EFFICIENT REAL ESTATE MARKETING PLAN AND BEYOND
- Hire virtual assistance
- Develop and maintain main web site www.DeliaTeam.com
- Purchase my own email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop niche web sites to generate more business www.lukeafbrealestate.com, www.asurealestate.com, www.justrenttoown.com, and www.fixandflipahouse.com
- Create and maintain database
- Produced and Hosted "Real Estate and Beyond" radio show here in Phoenix, Arizona from 2006 to 2011
- Joined ActiveRain in 2009 to become a master blogger and Ambassador to serve and inspire others
- Write and submit articles to publish via the Internet to be an expert in my field
- Develop and post videos when it comes to niche real estate marekts
- Put the "REAL" back into real estate when meeting people in public
It has been an amazing ride to this point in my career. We are in the business of generating leads. It is what we do with those leads to convert to closings makes the difference between a good and great Realtor in my opinion. One needs a great team to implement a huge plan successfully. I have been very fortunate to work with the best in the business over the years. I am very excited about my real estate business.
I will leave everyone with my radio show motto below:
- MAKE THE CALL
- SET THE PLAN
- DO THE DEAL$
Make the Call, Set the Plan, Do the Deal$!
Feel free to listen to my Radio Show to learn more about the phoenix real estate market, new trends, and the latest opportunities. The Real Estate and Beyond Radio Show Airs every Saturday from Noon-2:00pm on Conservative Newstalk KKNT 960am in Phoenix, Arizona. You can listent to past shows, or stream on-line.