HARRY'S TOP FIVE MISTAKES WHEN REAL ESTATE AGENTS MAKE BUSINESS PLANS
It is critical for all of us to create a business plan for each one of us so that we have a road map to arrive at our destination. I see so many Realtors not focused and frustrated. This can be remedied by establishing a solid business plan. Furthermore, I would highly recommend to them on having a mentor to keep one accountable during this time.
Here are the TOP 5 MISTAKES CREATING A BUSINESS PLAN
- UNREALISTIC FINANCIAL PROJECTIONS-I am going to make $1 million in my first year in real estate. How many of you have witnessed this from a new Realtor? Setting realistic financial projections creates a true picture for oneself.
- Opportunity-I believe the Realtor needs to define who they will serve such as first time home buyers. Otherwise, one will do a shot gun approach to real estate and become frustrated because of no accomplishment.
- No Marketing Plan-A Realtor needs to define a solid marketing plan so people know that they exist when thinking about leasing, buying or selling real estate. Too many real estate agents miss the mark.
- Competition-Agents do not analyze the competition in their own local markets. Who is my competition? How will I compete with my competition?
- Budgets-Real estate agents do not create realistic budgets when it comes to expenses. Many of them ignore living expenses needed to sustain oneself. Furthermore, most agents do not have marketing in their budget. We receive many calls each month to purchase marketing devices that will increase our business by 25%. Focus and frugal is needed when starting off in the real estate business.
I encourage all of us to avoid these mistakes when creating a business plan in order to achieve the unthinkable. One must be focus and determined to achieve the business plan. Also, other people will need to be involved in order to achieve the plan. I see #5 being the biggest mistake with many Realtors starting their business of real estate.
Make the Call, Set the Plan, Do the Deal$!
Feel free to listen to my Radio Show to learn more about the phoenix real estate market, new trends, and the latest opportunities. The Real Estate and Beyond Radio Show Airs every Saturday from Noon-2:00pm on Conservative Newstalk KKNT 960am in Phoenix, Arizona. You can listent to past shows, or stream on-line.