Many people are questioning what to do with the rest of their life. Have you ever met a person who you think would be great in real estate? However, this person lacks the confidence and know how to enter the real estate market. This quiz would be a great start for people thinking about entering real estate as a career. Thanks for the quiz.
This morning I stumbled upon a site offering an interactive quiz designed to determine if Real Estate is a good career choice. I’ve been a Realtor for more years than I care to say (long before the Internet) but curiosity got the better of me and I started the session.
It took less than an hour and was divided in three sections: Sales Ability, General Cognitive Ability and Personality Profile. The results are sent by email. I had a tough time finding the right link again but I believe this will launch the Real Estate Simulator.
Fortunately, my results indicated Real Estate is a good career for me. Whew! (A little late to change now!)
I’ve met many people who have real estate licenses, some active and some inactive, and I’ve met quite a few agents that shouldn’t have real estate licenses but for those people that may be asking “is a career in Real Estate right for me?” …here’s my 2 cents:
How about a career in Real Estate?
It’s not for everyone but real estate is definitely an industry in which you are rewarded based on your production. In other words, the smarter you work, the more you make (notice I said smarter, not harder).
States vary as to the licensing requirements but all states have an education requirement and passing a state exam. In Florida, expenses for the Real Estate School and associated state exam fees are under $1000. Not too bad for an initial cash investment for your new business.
Before you sign up at the nearest real estate school (or sign up to meet the education requirements online); let’s look at a few traits you will need that cannot be purchased, and some cannot be learned:
8 Quick Questions to ask YOURSELF:
1. Do you like people? Do you like working with people? Are you comfortable in social situations? Do you enjoy meeting new people?
2. Do you enjoy competition? Are you persistent?
3. Are you enthusiastic about running your own business? Do you strive to be well informed?
4. Are you organized? Detail oriented? Follow rules?
5. Are you confident? There is a big difference between confidence and arrogance.
6. Are you a Good Listener? Listening, not just being quiet is a skill. Not everyone can do it.
7. Are you trustworthy? Is information from you reliable or do you shoot-from-the-hip when in conversation? Are you honest?
8. Are you a problem solver? Whether the real estate client is a buyer or seller, each has specific needs and in today’s marketplace ingenuity, knowledge, perseverance, along with integrity are essential for success.
It is not uncommon to meet someone who “has a real estate license” but never made any money at it. Less than 25% of new licensees survive the first year in real estate and some of those don’t really enjoy decent earnings.
Primarily, failure to succeed in the real estate industry is one of two reasons; either (1) the licensee doesn’t have the required core personality traits, or (2) didn’t receive training.
As to success, no matter what the economy or what the current trends may be, a career in real estate can be very gratifying personally and very rewarding financially. With so many specialties in the real estate industry, it is not difficult to find the perfect niche for you.
Next: Finding the Right Broker
Counting Blessings & Serving My Community,
Make the Call, Set the Plan, Do the Deal$!
Feel free to listen to my Radio Show to learn more about the phoenix real estate market, new trends, and the latest opportunities. The Real Estate and Beyond Radio Show Airs every Saturday from Noon-2:00pm on Conservative Newstalk KKNT 960am in Phoenix, Arizona. You can listent to past shows, or stream on-line.